- 3 medium peach
- Remove the hard stem in the middle of the kale leaves; toss into a mixing bowl and rip into smaller pieces. Whisk salt, pepper, olive oil and lemon juice in a small bowl; pour over kale. Using hands, massage dressing into kale leaves for a few minutes. Add spinach, Parmesan cheese, and pine nuts and gently toss to combine; set in fridge to chill.
- Heat a large skillet over medium. Once hot, add almonds; toss and toast for 2-3 minutes. Remove.
- Using the same skillet, add olive oil and orzo; cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring to avoid burning. Add broth and bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Orzo should be tender at this point. Add almonds, salt and pepper; stir well.
- While orzo is simmering prepare shrimp. Combine coconut and flour in a shallow dish. In a separate bowl whisk egg. Take a clean plate to keep the coated shrimp until ready to cook.
- If shrimp are not peeled and deveined, do this now.
- Dip each piece of shrimp into egg and allow excess to fall off. Add to the flour mixture and fully coat. Place shrimp onto clean plate. Continue until you have finished prepping all the shrimp.
- Heat coconut oil in a large saute pan. Once hot, begin adding shrimp. Do not overlap. Cook each side for 2-3 minutes, then place onto a plate that has been lined with paper towels. This will allow excess oil to be absorbed.
- Serve shrimp with salad, sliced peaches and pilaf.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie