- 4 large pita, whole wheat
- 4 medium peach
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Toss chickpeas into a blender or food processor. Add broth and blend together until mostly smooth. Set aside.
- Mince garlic. Heat oil into a large saucepan over medium and saute garlic for 1 minute. Add kale and allow it to wilt; 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic and kale to chickpeas gradually, while pulsing after each addition. You may continue to blend until kale has fully mixed in smoothly or leave some bits of kale. (This will depend on how you and your family will most enjoy the texture).
- Pour chickpea mixture large saucepan used for the garlic and kale. Heat over medium and allow to come to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and add in curry powder, cumin, honey, salt and pepper. Stir to combine and then continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and whisk to combine. Allow to heat through.
- Serve soup warm with pitas cut into triangles and slices of fresh peaches.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie