- 12 standard cupcake liners
- 2 cup pastry flour, whole wheat
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg white
- 3 medium carrot
- 1/3 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup (not packed) raisins, seedless
- 1/4 cup, chopped walnuts
- Place cupcake wrappers into muffin pan. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ground ginger, and nutmeg; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the honey, vanilla, grapeseed oil, egg, egg whites, milk, and applesauce. Shred or grate carrots and stir into the mixture.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and stir until just combined. Fold in coconut, raisins, and walnuts.
- Pour batter into muffin liners and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes before serving.
Calories: 211kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 241mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 18g