- 2 cup water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blackberries, frozen
- Heat water and coconut milk on the stove until it begins to boil; stir frequently.
- Add steel cut oats and vanilla, then return to a boil.
- Lower temperature, cover, and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add frozen berries (no need to defrost them), cover, and cook for 10-20 minutes longer until the desired consistency is reached.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie