Deliciously fluffy healthy pumpkin pancakes made with pumpkin puree, oats, Fall spices and a fun way of adding chocolate chips. The perfect pumpkin pancake recipe for the Halloween season!
Healthy Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup oats, dry
- 1 cup flour, whole wheat
- 3 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup pumpkin, canned
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, dark
- Pour 1 cup of milk over the oats and allow to soak for 15 minutes.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine egg, pumpkin, soaked oats, and melted oil (careful not to overheat).
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and stir until moistened. Add the remaining milk little by little if needed until the desired consistency is reached.
- Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium.
- Add batter to the hot skillet, making pumpkin shapes. Cook until edges are dry and batter is bubbly; flip and continue heating until cooked through. Repeat until all batter is used.
- Place the chocolate in a small, microwave-safe bowl and heat on high, stirring every 20-30 seconds until melted (depending on the strength of your microwave; be careful not to overheat). Pour melted chocolate into a small sandwich bag, then snip off a small piece of one corner.
- Squeeze chocolate onto pancakes to form jack-o-lantern faces and a stem.