- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 cup salsa
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 6 ounce colby-jack cheese
- 1 stalk green onion
- 6 medium tortilla, whole wheat
- 3 cup mango cubes, frozen
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium. Season chicken with salt and pepper and place in skillet. Cook each side 3-4 minutes until browned and no longer pink in the center. Dice and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line baking sheet with foil.
- Shred the cheese and chop the green onions. Put in a bowl and add the chicken, salsa, cumin and oregano.
- Scoop approximately 1/3 cup of mixture into each tortilla and fold. Place folded side down onto baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes until crisp and brown. Meanwhile, set fruit out to thaw.
- Serve chimichangas with mango cubes on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie