This simple and flavorful chili is high in protein and fiber and makes a comforting cool-weather meal.
- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 medium carrot
- 1 pound ground beef
- 14 1/2 ounce diced tomatoes, canned
- 15 ounce kidney beans, canned
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 medium tortillas, corn
- 1 none cooking spray
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium orange
- Chop onion, garlic, and carrots into small pieces.
- Brown ground beef in large skillet over medium-high. Add onions, carrots, and garlic and continue to cook 6-8 minutes until tender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer 20-30 minutes or until thick (adjust chili powder and brown sugar to taste).
- Meanwhile, slice corn tortillas into 8 wedges each. Arrange in a single layer on a cookie sheet; spray with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt to taste. Bake at 400°F for just a few minutes until chips begin to get brown and crispy.
- Serve chili with chips and orange wedges on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie