- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 2 tablespoon vinegar, white wine
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce, low sodium
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1 medium bell pepper, green
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 medium bell pepper, orange
- 1 medium mango
- Cook rice as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, cut chicken into 1/4 inch slices and place into a mixing bowl. Add 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar, soy sauce, 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Mix well until fully combined and no cornstarch is visible.
- In a separate bowl, combine broth, Sriracha sauce, 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar, and 1/2 teaspoon corn starch. Set aside.
- Heat wok over medium heat; add oil and swirl to coat pan. Add ginger and chicken. Stir and cook until chicken is no longer pink.
- Slice peppers and add to wok; season with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Stir broth that had been placed aside and add to wok. Be sure chicken cooks through and sauce thickens. Remove from heat and stir in 1 cup chopped mango.
- Serve chicken over rice with any remaining mango pieces on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie