- 30 ounce chickpeas (garbanzo beans), canned
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon vinegar, red wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 large pita, whole wheat
- 2 medium orange
- 2 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Finely dice bell pepper, carrot, tomato, and cucumber.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Cover and let marinate in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Serve with pita cut into wedges, oranges slices and Greek yogurt.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie