- 3 tablespoon vinegar, balsamic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cup orzo, dry
- 8 jumbo black olives, canned
- 1 medium bell pepper, yellow
- 2 cup, chopped or sliced tomato, red
- 1 cup slices cucumber
- 2 tablespoon parsley, fresh
- 2 teaspoon oregano, fresh
- 15 ounce chickpeas (garbanzo beans), canned
- To create dressing, combine vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Whisk together to incorporate. Introduce oil in a steady stream while whisking. Set aside.
- Cook orzo according to package directions.
- Wash and chop, in large pieces all veggies and fresh herbs. In a large serving bowl, combine chickpeas, olives, bell pepper, tomatoes, cucumbers and fresh herbs. Toss with cooled orzo. Add dressing and mix well to coat. Salt and pepper to taste.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie