A filling vegetarian soup made with wholesome ingredients and warm spices- this Chickpea & Kale Soup comes together quickly for a delicious lunch or dinner!
- 1 medium onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 4 cup, cubes butternut squash
- 2 large russet potato
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 each cinnamon sticks
- 2 teaspoon coriander
- 3 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 can diced tomatoes, canned
- 5 cup vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 4 cup, chopped kale
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- Chop onion and mince garlic. Peel and dice squash and potatoes.
- Heat oil in a large stock pot over medium. Add onion and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Stir in cinnamon sticks, coriander and cumin; cook for 2-3 minutes or until the spices have become fragrant.
- Add undrained tomatoes, broth, squash and potato; bring to boil.
- Season with salt and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 30 minutes or until the squash and potatoes have softened. Remove cinnamon sticks!
- Stir in drained garbanzo beans and chopped kale; simmer for 5 minutes. Garnish with cilantro right before serving.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie