- 1/4 cup hummus
- 1 medium lemon
- 1 teaspoon dill weed, fresh
- 1 clove garlic
- 15 ounce chickpeas (garbanzo beans), canned
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 3 tablespoon mayonnaise, light
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard, dijon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, pure
- 1/8 medium onion, red
- 8 slice bread, whole wheat
- 1 medium tomato, red
- 1 medium avocado
- 4 medium orange
- Mix together hummus, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of lemon zest, fresh dill, and minced garlic; whisk together and add water if you would like to make it thinner consistency; set aside.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas and add to a large bowl. Mash up the chickpeas, leaving some whole. Add sunflower seeds, mayonnaise, mustard, maple syrup and diced red onion. Add the hummus mixture and stir well.
- Toast bread, top each of four slices with chickpea blend, a slice or two of tomato, and a few slices of avocado. Top with second slice of bread, and cut in half. Serve with fruit.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie