- 1 cup Quinoa, cooked
- 1 medium lemon
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cup, chopped kale
- 1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), canned
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup black olives, canned
- 2 cup spinach
- 1 tbsp, chopped basil, fresh
- 2 medium orange
- Cook quinoa as directed on package; set aside, covered.
- While quinoa cooks, juice lemon and add 2 tbsp of the lemon juice to a large bowl. Using the same lemon, add 2 tsp of zest to the juice. Whisk in the oil and salt until it begins to blend together.
- Remove the center stalks of the kale, roll the leaves and cut into strips; add to dressing. Using a large spatula (or even better, your hands!) mix and massage the dressing with the kale. The kale should begin to soften and wilt.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas; add to kale. Cut tomatoes in half; add to bowl with olives, spinach, basil (if using) and cooked quinoa. Toss to coat evenly. Top with orange wedges.
- Serve or store covered in the refrigerator for later.
Calories: 463kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 817mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 2g