- Cook quinoa as directed on package; set aside, covered.
- While quinoa cooks, juice lemon and add 2 tbsp of the lemon juice to a large bowl. Using the same lemon, add 2 tsp of zest to the juice. Whisk in the oil and salt until it begins to blend together.
- Remove the center stalks of the kale, roll the leaves and cut into strips; add to dressing. Using a large spatula (or even better, your hands!) mix and massage the dressing with the kale. The kale should begin to soften and wilt.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas; add to kale. Cut tomatoes in half; add to bowl with olives, spinach, basil (if using) and cooked quinoa. Toss to coat evenly. Top with orange wedges.
- Serve or store covered in the refrigerator for later.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie