- 15 ounce chickpeas (garbanzo beans), canned
- 15 ounce pinto beans, canned
- 1/4 medium onion, red
- 1 medium bell pepper, yellow
- 1 medium tomato, red
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 2 tablespoon parsley, fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 medium lemon
- 2 medium carrot
- 2 stalk celery
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing, low fat
- 2 medium banana
- Drain and rinse beans, then add to a mixing bowl.
- Dice onion and bell pepper. Remove seeds from tomato and dice; add veggies to beans.
- Season with oregano, parsley, basil, salt, and pepper. Add oil and juice of the lemon; toss to coat evenly.
- Cut carrots and celery into sticks; use ranch for dipping. Cut bananas in half.
- Serve immediately, or pack everything in a compartmentalized lunchbox for later.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie