- 1 pound chicken breast
- 2 cup barbecue sauce
- 16 ounce pineapple, canned in 100% juice
- 1/2 cup corn, frozen
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 3/4 cup snow peas
- 2 stalk green onion
- 2 stalk celery
- 3 tablespoon cilantro
- 1 tablespoon vinegar, balsamic
- 1 tablespoon vinegar, cider
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 medium rolls, dinner, wheat
- 4 medium plum
- Place chicken in crockpot; cover with barbecue sauce and pineapple (canned in 100% juice, not in syrup). Cook on low for 6 hours or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Before serving, set the corn out to thaw. Chop the bell pepper, snow peas, onion, celery, and cilantro. Toss these ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the vinegars, honey, and oil.
- Pour dressing over veggie salad, then sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Toss to coat, then cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Cook dinner rolls according to package directions (if necessary).
- Serve chicken with veggie salad, dinner rolls, and sliced plums on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie