- 2 medium apple
- Cook rice as directed on package.
- Cut the chicken breast lengthwise into strips.
- Sprinkle the chicken cutlets evenly with salt and pepper. Top each cutlet with 3 sage leaves and wrap with a piece of prosciutto. Heat the butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the skillet and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink in the center.
- Meanwhile, combine a 1/2 cup of the chicken broth and cornstarch in a small bowl and set aside. Remove the chicken from the skillet and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add the remaining chicken broth to the skillet and scrape browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add the chicken broth mixture to the pan, and cook for 2 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
- Meanwhile, cut broccoli into florets. Peel carrots and cut into slices. Place broccoli and carrots in a medium saucepan with approximately 3/4 cup water. Simmer over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until slightly tender.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken and serve with rice, veggies and sliced apples.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie