- 1 medium avocado
- 8 slice bread, whole wheat
- 4 slice ham, deli sliced
- 4 slice provolone cheese
- 8 piece whole mushrooms, portabella
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 medium bell pepper, yellow
- 1 medium bell pepper, orange
- Mash avocado. Spread 1-2 tablespoons mashed avocado on four of the slices of bread. Follow with the layering of ham, cheese and a few slices of Portabella mushrooms.
- Place sandwiches into sandwich press and heat until cheese is melted and rolls are crusted. (No sandwich press? Place in a skillet and flatten with a pan!)
- Serve with sliced peppers.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie