- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 cup, pieces or slices mushrooms, white
- 1 medium onion
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1/4 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 medium carrot
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/3 cup water
- Cook rice as directed on package; set aside covered when done.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet. Add mushrooms and diced onion, cook until soft, approximately 2-3 minutes; remove from pan and set aside.
- Place 2 tablespoon of oil in skillet, add chicken. Saute and brown chicken on both sides. Add 1 1/2 cups chicken broth; boil. Return mushrooms to pan, cover and cook until chicken is cooked through.
- Whisk together the flour and 1/2 cup chicken broth. Add to chicken just as it finishes cooking; stirring, allow to thicken.
- Serve with rice, carrot side and sliced pears.
- Cut carrots into 2 inch pieces and slice in half, lengthwise down the middle.
- In a saute pan add remaining olive oil then then carefully add remaining ingredients; Cook for 10-15 minutes, until carrots are soft. (Option B, cut carrots into coins and top your rice and chicken with it)
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie