- 8 ounce angel hair pasta, dry
- 3 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 2 cup chopped mushrooms, portabella
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 cup Marsala cooking wine
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/8 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 none chicken breast
- 1/3 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon basil, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 3 cup honeydew
- Cook pasta as directed on package; drain, cover, and set aside.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium. Chop mushrooms and add to butter; cook for 3-4 minutes. Add minced garlic and Marsala. Simmer over low heat for 15 minutes, allowing liquid to cook down.
- Stir in the cornstarch, milk, and salt, and continue to cook.
- Meanwhile, place chicken between 2 pieces of clear plastic wrap and pound out to approximately 1 inch thick using a meat mallet; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, garlic powder, basil, parsley, thyme, onion powder, and black pepper. Dip the chicken into the flour mixture, coating both sides.
- Pour mushroom mixture into a small dish. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons of butter in same skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and allow each side to brown, approximately 2-3 minutes per side until cooked through.
- Return mushrooms to skillet and add tomatoes. Cook on low for 5 minutes to heat through. Meanwhile, cube melons or scoop out flesh using a melon baller.
- Serve chicken over pasta with melon pieces on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie