- 1 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1/2 cup flour, all-purpose
- 2 cup milk
- 3 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 2 slice turkey bacon
- 1/2 pound chicken breast
- 1 medium leek
- 1/4 pound asparagus
- 3/4 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2/3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 medium orange
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, whisk broth and flour until smooth; cook for 1 minute. Add milk and Italian seasoning and cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until thick.
- Meanwhile, add bacon to a skillet and cook over medium-high until crispy; remove from heat and crumble. Cut chicken into thin strips, chop leek, and cut asparagus into 1-inch pieces.
- Add sauce, quinoa, chicken, bacon, and veggies to a large bowl; mix together and then pour into a baking dish. Top with cheese, cover, and bake for 40-50 minutes until quinoa has cooked through and chicken is no longer pink.
- Serve with orange wedges on the side.
Calories: 487kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 302mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 8g