- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon Chicken Bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne or red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 15 ounce black beans, canned
- 15 ounce corn, canned
- 4 ounce cheddar cheese
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup raspberries
- Cook rice as directed on package.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and the next 9 ingredients (through cumin).
- Slice chicken and toss with the fajita seasoning. Slice the bell pepper and onion.
- Heat skillet over medium and add oil.
- Once oil is hot, add pepper and onion, saute for 5 minutes. Add chicken and continue cooking until no longer pink. Once fully cooked, remove from skillet and set aside.
- Drain and rinse beans and corn. Add to the skillet the chicken was cooked in; heat through.
- Add rice to bowl, top with chicken, veggies, beans, shredded cheese, sliced avocado and salsa. Serve with raspberries on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie