- Heat the coconut milk over low to medium heat in a small saucepan. Whisk egg yolks in a small bowl and set aside.
- Stir milk continuously until it scalds (it will start to steam and tiny bubbles will form around the edge), being sure not to boil; remove from heat & allow to cool.
- Gradually whisk 1/4-1/2 cup of the milk into the eggs. (This slowly brings up the temperature of the eggs to prevent them from scrambling.) Return egg and milk mixture to the saucepan with the remaining milk. Cook over medium and stir constantly for about 5 minutes, being sure not to boil. Reduce heat if necessary.
- Add the liquid to a blender along with sliced bananas, dates, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt; blend until smooth. Add the chia seeds and pulse a few times until well mixed.
- Divide among 4 small dishes; cover and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Top with walnuts and berries right before serving.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie