- 1 none cooking spray
- 1 medium tomato, red
- 8 slice bread, whole wheat
- 4 slice cheddar cheese
- 4 medium carrot
- 4 medium tangerine (mandarin orange)
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium.
- Slice tomato.
- Add a slice of bread to the skillet and top with one slice of cheese, one tomato slice, and then another slice of bread.
- Cook sandwich on both sides until cheese is melted and bread is crisp. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Peel carrots and cut into sticks.
- Serve sandwiches with mandarin oranges and carrot sticks on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie