- 10 ounce spinach, frozen
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 cup cream cheese, low fat
- 1 pound chicken thigh, boneless, skinless
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup bread crumbs, seasoned
- 1 none cooking spray
- 1 pound asparagus
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 medium kiwi
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place spinach, oil, salt, pepper, and cream cheese into a blender or food processor; mix well.
- Open chicken thighs and pound to flat. Spread with cream cheese mixture. Roll chicken so the cream cheese is inside and secure with a toothpick.
- Pour buttermilk into a bowl. Pour bread crumbs into a separate bowl. Dip stuffed chicken into buttermilk and then bread crumbs; Set aside.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high. Put stuffed chicken into hot skillet and cook 2-3 minutes per side until browned. Place chicken onto a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes or until no longer pink inside and cheese has heated through.
- Toss asparagus with oil, salt, and pepper and place onto a separate baking dish; bake in oven for 5-6 minutes until just heated through.
- Serve chicken with asparagus and sliced kiwi on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie