- 2 medium carrot
- 15 ounce chickpeas (garbanzo beans), canned
- 3/4 cup Tahini
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 serving crackers, whole-wheat
- Peel carrots and cut into smaller pieces. Add to a small saucepan along with a small amount of water; cover and boil for 6 to 8 minutes or until tender; drain.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas.
- In a food processor, combine cooked carrots, chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, and salt. Blend until smooth. If hummus is too thick, add water until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour or for up to 3 days.
- Serve with crackers for dipping.
Calories: 322kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 473mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 2g