- 1/8 cup butter, unsalted
- 1/8 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 4 cup broccoli, florets
- 3 cup chopped carrot
- 1 medium onion
- 1 regular Pie crust, refrigerated, unbaked
- 1 ounce cheddar cheese
- Cook butter and flour together in sauce pan till bubbly.
- Add milk and chicken broth and stir until smooth and begins to bubble again.
- Chop broccoli, carrots, and onion. Add to the sauce and stir to coat all veggies. Pour into a prepared pie crust. Top with cheese. *Optional: If you have any leftover cooked chicken, top the veggies with your chicken. Sometimes, I’ll do a half and half pie- half with chicken, half without.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese, and then another pie crust for the top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 40 minutes, or until your pie crust is browned and cooked.
Calories: 357kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 624mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g