- 15 ounce kidney beans, canned
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 stalk green onion
- 1 large egg white
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs, seasoned
- 3 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 4 regular hamburger buns, whole wheat
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 medium carrot
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 cup strawberries
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- Drain and rinse beans. Place into a food processor along with the Worcestershire sauce, onion, and egg white; process until smooth.
- Add bread crumbs and pulse until well-combined.
- Place sesame seeds in a shallow dish. With wet hands, shape bean mixture into 4-6 balls (depending on desired thickness of burgers), roll in sesame seeds to coat, then form into patties.
- Place patties on grill and cover. Grill 6-8 minutes per side until patties are lightly browned and seeds are toasted.
- Mash avocado and shred carrots. Toast buns if desired.
- Add some avocado, carrots, a bean patty, and barbecue sauce to each bun, forming sandwiches.
- Serve bean burgers with strawberries on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie