- Melt butter in large pot over medium heat. Add onion, cook until crisp-tenter.
- Add remaining ingredients except cream cheese, mix well.
- Cover, cook on low for about 20-30 minutes.
- About 40 minutes before serving, place about 1/3 mixture at a time in to blender or food processer . Cover, blend until smooth. Return to pot.
- Stir in cream cheese. Cover, cook on low 10 more minutes minutes until cheese is melted, stirring with whisk until smooth.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie