- 1 none cooking spray
- 1 lb butternut squash
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp, ground black pepper, ground
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 fruit pomegranate
- 2 tbsp vinegar, balsamic
- 2 tsp sage, ground
- 1/2 cup, sliced ALMONDS
- 4 oz feta cheese crumbles
- Preheat oven to 400°F and spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Remove skin from squash and cut it into 1 inch cubes. Toss in 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp black pepper. Place into prepared baking dish and roast for approximately 20 minutes or until squash is softened.
- Meanwhile, cook quinoa as directed on package, using the stock in place of water (if more liquid is needed, simply use water).
- Remove seeds from pomegranate.
- When both squash and quinoa have fully cooked, toss together in a large bowl with pomegranate seeds, remaining salt and pepper, vinegar, sage, almonds and feta cheese.
- Serve warm.
Calories: 480kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 1040mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 16g