- 2 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cup oats, dry
- 1/2 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cup raspberries
- 1/8 cup maple syrup, pure
- Whisk together buttermilk and egg in a medium bowl.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine oats, flour, sugar, baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and salt.
- Stir the dry mixture into the wet mixture and let stand for 15 minutes. The mixture will bubble slightly as it sits.
- Place raspberries, maple syrup, and remaining cinnamon in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook 3-5 minutes until the berries are mostly broken down, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
- Coat a griddle or large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat.
- Using 1/4 cup of batter for each, cook the oatcakes for 2-3 minutes until bubbles dot the surface. Flip and continue cooking 1-2 minutes more until browned and cooked through. Reduce heat if necessary to prevent over-browning.
- Serve the oatcakes with the raspberry sauce drizzled over top or on the side for dipping.
Calories: 418kcal | Carbohydrates: 73g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 716mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 18g