- 1 medium (approx 2-3/4″ long, 2-1/2 dia.) bell pepper, red
- 1 medium (approx 2-3/4″ long, 2-1/2″ dia) bell pepper, green
- 1 medium (2-1/2″ dia) onion
- 1 piece whole mushrooms, portabella
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 tsp chili powder
- 4 serving (3 oz) beef, ground, 95% lean
- 4 roll hamburger buns, whole wheat
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup (8 fl oz) yogurt, plain, low-fat
- 2 fruit without refuse mango
- Preheat broiler to the high setting in your oven. Slice peppers, onion, and mushrooms into large strips. Arrange on a broiler pan, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Cook the vegetables in the oven for about 10-15 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and start to get browned on top.
- While vegetables are in the oven, Mix chili powder in with the beef, mold into 4-6 patties; depending on sizes desired.
- Heat a skillet to medium high, and cook the burger patties on each side, until no longer pink in the middle..
- Serve patty inside a hamburger, topped with the vegetables, salsa and plain yogurt. Slice mangoes and serve with mango slices.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie