- 1 cup corn, frozen
- 2 cup bulgar wheat
- 1/4 medium onion, red
- 1 cup edamame, shelled
- 1 medium tomato, red
- 1 cup, chopped kale
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon mustard, dijon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 cup mandarin oranges, canned in juice
- 1 cup banana
- 1/4 cup raisins, seedless
- Allow corn to thaw. Cook bulgar according to package directions. Chop onion, shell edamame (if not bought this way). Toss corn, bulgar, onion, and edamame into a large bowl.
- Chop tomato and roughly chop kale; toss in with bulgur.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, mustard, lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper. Stir into the bulgar and toss to combine.
- Slice oranges into thirds, slice banana and place into a bowl. Toss with raisins and serve with bulgar salad. (Serving size: 1 1/4 cup salad)
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie