- 2 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1/2 pound beef, ground, 97% lean
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium bell pepper, orange
- 1 cup black beans, canned
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 tablespoon parsley, fresh
- 1 cup strawberries
- Cook rice according to the package instructions. (~ 1 cup dry for 2 cups of cooked)
- While rice cooks, heat a skillet over medium high heat. Add ground beef, brown, and cook until no longer pink. Chop onion and bell pepper. Add to skillet and saute till tender, about 4-5 minutes. Add black beans and heat through.
- Add soy sauce and cooked rice to skillet. Peel and slice avocado.
- To serve, scoop rice dish into a bowl and top with sliced avocado and parsley. Serve with strawberries.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie