Broccoli Cream Soup
- 4 slice bread, french
- 4 ounce mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- Separate broccoli florets from the head. Meaure 1.5 cups of broccoli and set aside.
- Chop the remaining broccoli. Melt the butter in 1 teaspoon olive oil in a medium pan. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes. Then add broccoli, broth and water, boil. Cover and allow broccoli to soft, approximately 15 minutes.
- In a separate pan, heat the remaining olive oil and add the remaining broccoli, cover. Broccoli will begin to brown, cooking will be approximately 5 minutes.
- Slowly puree the soup in a high powered blender until smooth. Then put back in the saucepan, stir in milk and cream, boil, stir occasionally.
- Pour soup into bowls, place sauted broccoli on top.
- Toss the bread on baking sheet, top with mozzarella and tomatoes and bake at 400 degrees until cheese is melted.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie