- 1 clove garlic
- 2 medium carrot
- 1 cup broccoli, florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup orzo, dry
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cup grapes
- Place garlic in food processor and pulse to chop. Add carrots and broccoli and pulse until finely chopped, scraping down the sides halfway through.
- Heat olive oil in a stock pot and sauté the chopped vegetables. Add raw orzo and cook for 4 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add salt, water, and broth to the pot and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, uncovered, or until the liquid starts to evaporate and the mixture thickens.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and stir to combine.
- Serve with grapes on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie