- 2 cup cabbage
- 2 stalk green onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cilantro
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 medium tortillas, corn
- 8 large egg
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 ounce Cotija cheese
- 4 medium orange
- For the Southwestern slaw: chop the cabbage, onions, and cilantro. Add to a medium bowl, along with the lime juice and oil; toss to combine, then set aside.
- For the tostadas: heat a small skillet over medium.
- Place one tortilla in the hot skillet and cook until edges start to turn golden; flip tortilla and continue cooking until crisp. Place on a paper towel-lined plate and repeat with the remaining tortillas until all are cooked; cover and set aside to keep warm.
- Heat a separate, nonstick skillet over low.
- Whisk together the eggs in a small bowl, then add to the hot skillet and cook until almost set, stirring frequently to scramble. When eggs are just about done, stir in the salsa; continue cooking until completely set.
- Meanwhile, slice the avocado and slice or shred the cheese.
- Place 1/4 of the eggs onto each tortilla, then top with slaw, avocado, and cheese.
- Serve oranges on the side, along with a bit more salsa if desired.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie