- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium dates, Medjool
- 1/4 cup raisins, seedless
- 1 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- Cook brown rice with salt according to package directions.
- Chop date and add to raisins (enough to equal 1/3 cup fruit).
- Add fruit to rice when there is 10 minutes left on the timer; continue to cook until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in milk and nutmeg. Heat through.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar before serving.
Calories: 275kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 105mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 18g