- Cook brown rice with salt according to package directions.
- Chop date and add to raisins (enough to equal 1/3 cup fruit).
- Add fruit to rice when there is 10 minutes left on the timer; continue to cook until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in milk and nutmeg. Heat through.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar before serving.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie