- 1 pound chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounce rotini pasta, whole wheat, dry
- 1/4 medium onion
- 1 cup, pieces or slices mushrooms, white
- 1/4 cup vinegar, white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1 1/4 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 1/2 cup Chard, swiss, raw
- 1/2 cup cranberries, dried, sweetened
- 2 medium orange
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Season chicken with Italian seasoning and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil; place on a baking sheet and roast chicken for 15 minutes or until no longer pink inside. Cover, and set aside.
- Cook pasta as directed on package; drain and set aside. While it cooks, thinly slice onion and mushrooms.
- Heat remaining oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat; add onions and mushrooms. Cook for 10-12 minutes until they become tender. Add the vinegar, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; stir and allow to simmer until the vinegar has almost completely evaporated.
- Add the broth and bring to a simmer. Add the chard a little at a time, allowing for each small batch to begin to wilt before adding more. Toss this in with the pasta, mixing well to coat. Slice chicken and add to pasta, tossing once more.
- Sprinkle with dried cranberries and serve with sliced oranges on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie