- 2 oz pasta, shapes
- 2 medium carrot
- 1 1/2 cup, chopped collard greens, raw
- 2 stalk, medium (7-1/2″ – 8″ long) celery
- 1 1/2 medium (approx 2-3/4″ long, 2-1/2 dia.) bell pepper, red
- 1 1/2 cup, pieces or slices mushrooms, white
- 2 breast chicken breast
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 spray , about 1/3 second (1 NLEA serving) cooking spray
- 1 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 6 oz Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 medium (2-1/2″ dia) tangerine (mandarin orange)
- Make pasta as directed on package. While pasta cooks, chop all vegetables into bite-sized pieces, set aside.
- Season chicken with Italian seasoning; spray large skillet with cooking spray, place over medium-high heat; add chicken. Brown on both sides, cooking until no longer pink. Remove from heat, dice into small pieces; place in dish, cover and set aside.
- With cooked chicken bits still in skillet, place over medium-high heat once again. Add 1/4 cup broth, scrape bottom of pan to remove bits; add vegetables; cook for 5-6 minutes, adding more broth as needed to keep vegetables moist and avoid burning. Add chicken, turn down heat to medium-low; cook for an additional 2-3 minutes to allow chicken to warm up. Finally toss with pasta. Top with parmesan cheese and serve with tangerine wedges on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie