- Set blueberries out to thaw.
- Place cereal inside a resealable plastic bag and then crush into small pieces using a rolling pin or meat mallet (or use a food processor).
- In medium bowl, beat egg with a wire whisk or fork. Stir in buttermilk, oil and cereal; let stand for 5 minutes or until cereal is softened.
- Beat in next 5 ingredients (through salt), then gently fold in 1/2 cup thawed blueberries.
- Heat griddle over medium heat (or an electric skillet to 350°F). Grease with vegetable oil if necessary (or spray with cooking spray before heating).
- Pour 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle to form each pancake. (if batter is too thick, stir in additional milk 1 tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached).
- Cook pancakes until puffed and full of bubbles. Flip before bubbles break, cooking both sides until golden brown.
- Serve pancakes topped with the remaining berries.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie