- 1 cup blueberries, frozen
- 2 cup bran cereal (Fiber One)
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup flour, all-purpose
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Set blueberries out to thaw.
- Place cereal inside a resealable plastic bag and then crush into small pieces using a rolling pin or meat mallet (or use a food processor).
- In medium bowl, beat egg with a wire whisk or fork. Stir in buttermilk, oil and cereal; let stand for 5 minutes or until cereal is softened.
- Beat in next 5 ingredients (through salt), then gently fold in 1/2 cup thawed blueberries.
- Heat griddle over medium heat (or an electric skillet to 350°F). Grease with vegetable oil if necessary (or spray with cooking spray before heating).
- Pour 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle to form each pancake. (if batter is too thick, stir in additional milk 1 tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is reached).
- Cook pancakes until puffed and full of bubbles. Flip before bubbles break, cooking both sides until golden brown.
- Serve pancakes topped with the remaining berries.
Calories: 318kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 50mg | Sodium: 725mg | Fiber: 16g | Sugar: 11g