- 2 medium sweet potato
- 2 cup pineapple
- 1/4 cup parsley, fresh
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, light
- 1/4 cup yogurt, plain, low-fat
- 3 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne or red pepper
- 4 serving (3 oz) Ham, Bone-in
- Peel and cut sweet potatoes into 1/2″ cubes. Boil the sweet potatoes in a pot of salted water until tender, 5-7 minutes. Drain then rinse under cold water until cool. Combine with pineapple and parsley.
- Whisk mayonnaise, yogurt, sugar, 2 teaspoons lime juice, and vanilla together in a dish. Season with salt and white pepper; toss with the potato mixture to coat.
- Combine blackening spices in a small bowl, then rub the mixture on both sides of the ham steak (16-20 ounces). Grill (or use stove-top grill pan) until the edges of the steak begin to curl; flip the steak and grill 1-2 more minutes. Serve with sweet potato salad.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie