- 1 1/2 cup flour, whole wheat
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 medium lime
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blackberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a muffin pan with 9 paper liners or spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking powder. (use either white whole wheat flour or kamut)
- Zest the peel of the two limes. In a small bowl, add the sugar and the zest. Rub sugar and zest together until fragrant. Add sugar and zest to the flour mixture. Whisk ingredients together.
- In a glass measuring cup or small bowl, mix coconut oil, egg, buttermilk, 1 tablespoon of lime juice (by squeezing your lime), and vanilla extract together.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the flour mixture. Slowly stir together, the batter will be thick. Don’t over mix. Gently fold in the blackberries.
- Fill 9 muffin cups with the batter.
- Bake muffins for 15-20 minutes, or until muffins are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Let muffins cool on a cooking rack.
Calories: 176kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 158mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g