- 1 none cooking spray
- 1 medium carrot
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 medium squash, summer
- 1 medium zucchini
- 15 ounce black beans, canned
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1/3 cup long-grain rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 medium kiwi
- Peel and dice carrot and onion; dice yellow squash and zucchini. Drain and rinse beans.
- In a large saucepan coated with cooking spray, cook carrots and onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in the broth, rice, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 13 minutes.
- Stir in yellow squash, zucchini, and beans.
- Cover and simmer 6-10 minutes longer or until rice and vegetables are tender.
- Serve warm with kiwi slices on the side.
Calories: 258kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 1030mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 10g