- 2 cup black beans, dry
- 2 medium carrot
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 9 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 2 each bay leaf
- 14 1/2 ounce diced tomatoes, canned
- 2 cup spinach
- 2 cup grapes
- Rinse and soak 2 cups of dry black beans overnight. Drain and rinse again. Set aside.
- Dice your carrots into small pieces and mince the garlic.
- Put oil in large stock pot or dutch oven over medium heat.
- Once hot, add carrots and garlic and saute until garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add the quinoa, stir and cook another minute.
- Add the chicken broth, bay leaves, diced tomatoes, and beans. Cover and simmer.
- After 2 hours, add spinach, and continue to cook until beans are soft.
- Serve with grapes.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie