- 1 cup barley, pearled, dry
- 2 stalk celery
- 2 stalk green onion
- 1 medium tomato, red
- 1 clove garlic
- 15 ounce black beans, canned
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 4 ounce tortilla chips
- 2 cup watermelon
- Cook barley as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, dice celery, green onions, tomato, and garlic. Drain and rinse beans, and chop cilantro.
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl, adjusting the salt and pepper to taste. Toss well to combine.
- Serve alongside tortilla chips, with watermelon on the side.
Calories: 502kcal | Carbohydrates: 84g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 817mg | Fiber: 18g | Sugar: 7g