- 2 bunch broccoli
- 4 clove garlic
- 5 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 medium lemon
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Take 4 to 5 pounds of broccoli or two large bunches and cut into relatively big florets. (There is no need to wash the broccoli first; the oven will kill the bacteria and you want your broccoli very dry to roast well. )
- Peel the garlic and cut cloves into thin slices.
- Toss broccoli and garlic with approximately 1/2 the oil (just enough to coat), salt, and pepper. Spread in an even layer on a cookie sheet.
- Cook in the oven 20-25 minutes or until crisp-tender and the tips of some of the florets are browned. (You may want to turn the broccoli half way through.)
- When done, remove from oven and zest lemon over top.
- Add juice from the lemon, remaining oil, and Parmesan, and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.
Calories: 149kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 4mg | Sodium: 273mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g