- 1 cup brown rice, raw
- 1 none cooking spray
- 1 pound turkey, ground
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1/4 medium onion
- 1 cup, pieces or slices mushrooms, white
- 1 cup broccoli, florets
- 1 cup corn, frozen
- 15 ounce black beans, canned
- 4 cup spinach
- 2 cup shredded lettuce
- Cook rice as directed on package. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, spray a skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium. Add ground turkey and taco seasoning; stir to combine and begin browning.
- Dice onion, mushrooms, and broccoli; add to skillet, stir, and continue cooking for 5 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink.
- Drain and rinse black beans and add to skillet, along with corn. Stir together and cook for 1-2 minutes longer.
- Roughly shred spinach and lettuce.
- Serve rice over greens, topped with taco mixture.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie