- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 1/2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 3 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 pound beef steak, any cut
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium bell pepper, red
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 medium cabbage
- 2 large egg
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1/8 cup peanuts
- 1 medium lime
- 2 cup pineapple
- Whisk together broth, soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar, and corn starch in a small bowl.
- Heat sesame oil in a wok. While heating, cut steak into thin strips. Carefully add beef to wok and season with salt and pepper. Stir fry for 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from wok and set aside.
- Slice pepper; shred cabbage.
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in wok and then add pepper. Stir fry for 3 minutes, then add minced garlic and cook 1 minute more. Remove from wok and set aside.
- Heat remaining olive oil and add shredded cabbage. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes. Whisk eggs slightly, then add to wok; cook 1-2 minutes until eggs have set, stirring frequently to scramble.
- Add the sauce and bring to a boil; allow to boil 1-2 minutes until thickened. Add back in the removed ingredients, along with the snow peas, and continue to cook 2-3 minutes until heated through.
- Top with chopped peanuts and a spritz of lime juice. Serve with pineapple on the side.
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie