- 2 large pita, whole wheat
- 1 none cooking spray
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon basil, dried
- 15 ounce navy beans, canned
- 4 tablespoon tomato paste, canned
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut pitas into wedges, separate the layers and lay them on a baking sheet. Lightly spray with cooking spray. Sprinkle with parmesan and dried basil. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until toasted and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, place rinsed and drained beans in a medium sized bowl. Add tomato paste (sun-dried tomato paste may also be used), salt, pepper and olive oil. Mash with a potato masher. (May use blender or food processor for smoother consistency if desired.)
- Serve bean dip with parmesan pita chips.
Calories: 293kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 778mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 3g