- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 block Tofu, firm
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cup green beans
- 4 medium pear
- Cook quinoa as directed on package. Cover and set aside.
- Drain tofu and pat with paper towel to remove any excess moisture. Cut into cubes.
- Add olive oil to large skillet and heat for 1-2 minutes over medium heat. Add tofu.
- Toss to cook on all sides, then add barbecue sauce and water. Simmer for 2 minutes until heated through, being sure to coat all sides with sauce. Remove from heat and cover.
- Steam green beans until crisp tender.
- Serve tofu alongside green beans, quinoa, and pear slices. (1/4 tofu block, 1/2 cup quinoa, 1/2 cup beans, 1 pear)
I'm a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid lover of food and strong promoter of healthy habits. Here you will find lots of delicious recipes full of fruits and veggies, tips for getting your kids to eat better and become intuitive eaters and lots of resources for feeding your family.Learn More about Natalie